Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Perfect Shade of Gray Nail Polish


Gray Nail Polish started as a trend in Spring of 2008 but if you take a look at celebrities such as Gwenyth Paltrow, Meghan Fox, and Seal who sported Gray nails at the September 20th Emmy Awards, it seems as the trend is as strong as ever.

Two weeks ago I set out on a mission to find a perfect, creamy gray nail polish. Since I live in the Metro Atlanta area I did not think this would be a difficult task. I spent two days shopping and visited 10 stores, including a well known Atlanta mall’s cosmetic counters as well as the beauty product mecca, Sephora and was not satisfied with my search. Ultimately, the internet fulfilled my request. I have been waiting (not so patiently) for 10 days for my package to arrive. Yesterday, the exact shade that I was searching for called Recycle by China Glaze finally made its way to my mailbox. It is a lovely, creamy gray with no shimmer and zero hint of taupe or purple which was prevalent in every shade that I found in the retail stores. (see photo)


Recycle is part of the China Glaze 2008 Spring Collection called ecollection, a set of polishes all with names that are “earth friendly” and come in recycled paper packaging. I purchased this shade from Amazon.com for $8.00 including shipping. This one is my favorite gray and to me the truest gray I have found.

I also found two other shades of gray that I would recommend but both were more expensive. The cult fave Rescue Beauty Lounge in Stormy which retails for $18.00. This brand is known for its long lasting, no-chip formula. This one is a little darker that Recycle and has a hint more blue to it like a stormy sky. (see photo)

Another brand that had a great, creamy gray with no shimmer is Astor Place by Dashing Diva which was just launched for Fall 2009. Megan Fox has been spotted wearing this trendy shade. This shade is $8.00 plus shipping.


If you are looking for a new nail polish shade for fall and the deep emeralds and blacks are too intimidating for you, give these grays a try. They look nice on just about any skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment