Saturday, February 2, 2013

Orzo Salad with Lemon Vinegarette

Tennis season is around the corner and I am on a mission to eat healthy regardless of my crazy work schedule.  The key to making this work is finding healthy recipes that taste good and can be made in a jiffy. 

I absolutely love Zoe's Kitchen Orzo Tabouli Salad but the last few times I have gotten it for take-out, there is more lettuce than orzo and they have gotten pretty skimpy on the feta.

This recipe is so fast and easy to make that I no longer spend $8.00 to pick it up when I can make it just as easily at home and have leftovers for lunch the next day.


Ingredients:
1 cup (dry) orzo pasta
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 cup diced Persian cucumbers (Trader Joes)
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup Greek Kalamata Olives (halved)
1 close of minced garlic
1/4 tsp thyme
Coarse Kosher Salt
Black Pepper to taste (I also use Lemon Pepper)










Lemon Vinagairette:
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste










*Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.  

*Bring pot of lightly salted water to boiling point and add orzo. 
 *Cook orzo for 9 minutes then drain and rinse with cold water to prohibit orzo from cooking further.




Add orzo to medium sized bowl with all ingredients and toss with lemon vinaigrette.  Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do:)

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU!! I just had this for lunch today for the first time and immediately thought "I could easily make this and save money" so of course I had to go to Pinterest to see if anyone had the same idea. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite and easiest recipes😊

    ReplyDelete