Sunday, January 6, 2013

Optimism and hope, the epitome of beauty

Good morning, all.  Today’s post is a bit out of the ordinary and although this is not necessarily a “beauty” post, it is a post about being inspired and sharing what makes folks happy which in my opinion, is the epitome of beauty.

2012 was a challenging year due to the fact that I resigned from my career as a Regional Sales Director in the cosmetic industry and chose to pursue my own beauty consulting business full time.  

In May of last year, I discovered Joel Osteen and have been inspired by his ministry through booksaudio downloads, social posts and watching his services on-line every Sunday.  I won’t get into details about the struggles and sacrifices I had to make throughout 2012, but instead focus on how this uplifting ministry kept me on the right path through some of my most challenging times.  I can honestly say, that if I had not had this resource to regularly support and grow my faith, hope and belief in the vision and aspirations God placed in my heart, I probably would have lost hope in my dream of helping and inspiring women through my business.

Desiring to do more than just be a Sunday morning, “spectator”, I have been visiting churches in my area looking for a place to worship in person on a regular basis.  I planned on visiting a church for the 3rd time this morning even though my heart didn't feel it was the right place for me.  Last night I got a text from a friend that I was supposed to meet at the church letting me know what time to be there.  For some reason, I felt the need to say a quick prayer and ask God to lead me to the right place if “x” church was not the best fit for me.  Specifically, I asked Him to provide me with a more suitable option if I chose not to attend church “x” with my friends today.

Long story short, I could not fall asleep last night and was still wide awake at 3am and decided to take a sleeping aid to avoid a migraine from lack of sleep.  I turned off the alarm fully aware that I wouldn’t make the 9:30 service at “x” church.

I climbed out of bed this morning with just enough time to walk the dog and grab a cup of coffee before the 10:00am EST live broadcast of Joel Osteen’s Sunday morning service began.  I have listened to at least 50 of Joel’s sermons and today’s sermon was more emotional and moving that any other, so much so that I honestly believe my inability to fall asleep and sleeping past the service I was supposed to attend was nothing short of divine intervention. 

If you have an ounce of faith in your heart, I urge you to watch today’s sermon which has not only inspired me but fueled my passion and desire to make a positive difference in this world and a steadfast belief that 2013 is going to be my best year yet!  If you are unable to view the rebroadcast online at 7pm CST tonight, log on to castroller.com in the next few days and download today's message which I believe is #563.  I hope you will be as inspired as I am and this message will ignite passion in your heart so that you can reach your full potential and ultimate happiness.

I thank you for reading and sharing my blog and am sending positive vibes and happiness your way each day!

“Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” J.M. Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment