Monday, September 16, 2013

Believe in your dreams

Good morning, SpaDelic readers!  Today's post focuses on the power of the mind and our ability to change our circumstances.

If you have ever read "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne or "The Laws of Attraction" by Esther and Jerry Hicks you should be familiar with the concept of manifesting your own desires.  I have experienced success with this concept in my life many times and strive to exile negative thoughts from occupying space in my mind.  Often the manifestation of these dreams is so clearly matched with my mental concept that I am compelled to look above and offer thanks, acknowledging that a higher power is working in my life.

Just as the mind has the power to manifest dreams and goals, it also has the capability to lead us out of current circumstances and onto the path for a happier future.  Tony Robbins is known for his dynamic delivery of motivational speeches and his belief that a single factor controls the destiny of our lives: the ability to harness the power of decision.  Before you challenge this theory, take a moment and ask yourself this question: "Have I ever wanted something so much that it is all I could think about?"  If the answer is yes then take it a step further, "Did I BELIEVE that it was possible?”  

Just "wanting" to change or reach a specific goal is not enough to bring it to life.  This desire must be conjoined with a belief so strong that you create a mental picture of receiving and relishing the moment of achievement.  Before you decide to close your browser and dismiss this theory, let me share with you how I discovered the power of believing in my dreams....


How I manifested my dream
Following temporary employment as an office/marketing manager in a medi spa in December of 2007, I had an intense desire to create a new concept day spa designed to deliver a more “hip” and personal experience for spa patrons.  The likelihood of this desire becoming reality was against the odds as it was impeded by personal, legal and financial obstacles.  Despite the odds, and as foolish as it seemed to others, I would not allow myself to focus on the challenges at hand

In the early stages of my concept, I would envision driving to work, getting out of my car and entering my dream spa located in a small shopping center in historic Roswell, Georgia.  The image was so vivid that I could read the sign displayed over the door to a business that my heart and mind longed to create.  For months, I worked as if I had no obstacles, contacting vendors to obtain bids for their services and products necessary to transport my concept to a brick and mortar business.

Finally, on August 29, 2008, SpaDelic Day Spa opened its doors receiving accolades from respected industry publications including Daily Candy, Jezebel Magazine and Skin Inc. Magazine.  For the first few weeks I was on autopilot, operating the new business with my focus on the future, failing to allow myself a moment to absorb the magnitude of my accomplishment.  Several weeks later, as I stepped out of my car and was about to approach the doors of my business, I experienced a strong feeling of déjà vu that nearly took my breath away.  The sign displayed above was identical to the one I had created in my mind so many months before…

Although I was forced to close SpaDelic’s physical location the following summer due to economic decline and financial stress following my divorce, I consider the journey one of the greatest lessons and blessings I have experienced to date.  Understanding the power of creating a vision, implementing the process with passion and achieving results forever changed my path and launched the career that I am blessed to have today.

Do you have a dream or a goal that you would like to accomplish?  If so, I hope that you are inspired by my story above and choose to make this a moment of decision that changes your life for the better!!


Peace and love to all,

Kelly





“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ” – Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment