Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Gorgeous shades of green nail polish that are perfect for fall

Good morning from my studio in Alpharetta where it is a crisp yet beautiful 57 degrees on this lovely Wednesday morning.  I am feeling refreshed and renewed after a fabulous night's sleep and ready to take on what ever today may bring my way.  I must say, there is definitely something magical about going to bed with the windows open and allowing mother nature to sing me to sleep!

There is so much to love about this time of the year, low humidity, cooler temperatures and the spectacular display of fall foilage.  Fall temperatures also lead us to set aside summer's bold nail polish colors and embrace the richness of deep shades of blue, burgundy, gold and green.  Today I want to share two of my favorite fall nail colors, Pretty Poison and Serene Green from Creative Nail Design's (CND) Vinylux Collection.

If you are not familiar with the CND brand and in particular, their revolutionary weekly polish system, let me enlighten you.  The Vinylux system includes a self-adhering Color Coat and a Top Coat that becomes more durable with exposure to natural light due to new ProLight Technology.   When this two step process is applied to clean, (oil-free) nails it provides an average of 7 days of chip free wear time.  In addition, the process is much faster than traditional nail polish as there is no need for a base coat and the dry time is lightning fast, approximately 8 minutes.  If you would like to learn more about the CND Vinylux brand check out my examiner review here: Review of CND Vinylux Weekly Polish System.

The photo below was taken on Friday after I hurriedly polished my nails and my cuticles:)

Day 1
The next photo was taken this morning, (Wednesday morning), FIVE days after I initially polished them.  In the past five days I have spent more than 20 hours typing on the computer as well as normal daily tasks such as washing dishes will very little wear.

Day 5
The only evidence of chipping is on my right thumb, exactly where the tip of the nail hits the space bar on my computer keyboard...

Day 5

I am absolutely amazed by the durability of the CND Vinylux Polish and find myself rarely reaching for any of the 200+ shades by Essie and OPI that are in my nail polish collection.  Although both brands have gorgeous shades of polish, they rarely last beyond 24 hours without chipping.  The Vinylux collection has grown from 62 to 72 shades which makes it fairly easy to find a color that I love and is on trend for the coming season.

CND Vinylux in Pretty Poison
Below is another gorgeous green shade for fall, Serene Green, a deep forest green that looks close to a creme but does have a hint of shimmer that I like even more than the gorgeous shade above.  (No judging about my lack of skills to paint within the lines of my nail bed:)


CND Vinylux in Serene Green


If you enjoyed this post, please share with your friends!  I also invite you to come back and read additional reviews of gorgeous fall nail shades and other beauty news.

Peace and love to all!

Fondly,

Kelly
SpaDelic Beauty Consulting & Makeup Artistry
www.spadelic.com


No comments:

Post a Comment