Sunday, August 24, 2014

Don't miss the opportunity to express gratitude


Happy Sunday, all!  I am sharing today's inspirational YouTube video below and would love to hear some of your stories too!  Please share your story via email in 300 words or less and be automatically entered into our contest to receive a FREE 2 oz bottle of SpaDelic's Uplifting Floral Hydrosol formulated with rosewater and essential oils.  (Retail value of $30)

Stories must be received by September 1st and winner will be announced on Sunday, September 7th



Don't miss the opportunity to tell someone how much their kindness and generosity means to you.  At the beginning of this video, I mentioned a woman that I knew long ago; her name was Edna Gardner. This special lady extended remarkable kindness to me when I was in the 5th grade by taking interest in a young girl who greatly needed to feel loved and supported.  Not only did she offer encouragement to me before I sang my first church solo by having me recite Philippians 4:13 just before I walked on stage, she taught me the importance of showing compassion and kindness to others.  (I still recite that scripture today!)

Ms. Gardner allowed me to accompany her on her church bus ministry at Bethel Baptist Church where we visited the homes of underprivileged children on Saturdays and asked for permission to pick them up for the next morning's church service.  Experiencing the sheer joy that her efforts brought to the lives of others, mine included, instilled a sense of kindness and compassion in my heart that is still there today.   As children do, I grew older and lost touch with this beautiful woman that is so fondly remembered in my soul and I only wish I knew her now to tell her what a blessing she was in my life

Peace and love to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment