Saturday, September 13, 2014

SpaDelic's Review of Mirabella Creme de la Creme CC Cream



Happy Saturday all!  I have been looking forward to sharing my review of Mirabella’s new CC cream, Crème de la Crème as it has quickly become one of my “go to” beauty products for hectic mornings.

In case you aren’t familiar with CC creams and other alphabet creams I am going to give you a quick rundown on each of them.

  • BB Creams: Blemish Balms, a/k/a BB creams, originated in Asian and entered the US market in 2012. These “all-in-one” beauty creams touted their ability to replace the need to apply multiple skin products including moisturizer, SPF, primer and foundation.  BB creams are typically lighter than a foundation but provide more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.  BB creams can be great additions to the busy woman’s schedule however, they are not adequate replacements for daily use of SPF to protect the face from UVA/UVB rays which can cause hyper-pigmentation and advanced aging.


  • CC Creams: Color/Complexion Correctors, a/k/a CC creams, are very similar to their predecessor however they typically contain light reflecting ingredients to help even out skin tone and minimize redness in the skin.  The coverage varies amongst the many different brands of CC Creams with most providing a light to medium coverage.  One of the exceptions is my new favorite CC cream, Mirabella’s Crème de la Crème which provides full coverage with a matte finish.


  • DD Creams: Daily Defense/Dynamic Do All, a/k/a DD creams are very similar to both BB and CC creams with the exception of added ingredients designed to protect the skin barrier and retain moisture.  DD Creams were originally created to treat very dry areas of the body such as knees, elbows and feet.

How does Mirabella CC Cream perform?

I originally received a pre-launch sample of Crème de la Crème in Medium/Fitz 3 shade from Mirabella in early March and have to admit that I was a bit disappointed.  The color was far too light and cool for my skin tone and I had to add a bit of foundation to the product prior to application to minimize the chalky affect.  Being that I am a huge fan of most of Mirabella’s products, I decided to give it another go and ordered the darkest shade which is compatible with medium dark skin tones.

At first I had the same reaction as with the previous shade and it wasn’t until I took the photos for this review that I realized how effective the cc cream was at evening out small hyperpigmentation spots and the dark circles under my eyes. (See below)

I have been wearing Crème de la Crème in the darkest shade (Fitz IV/Dark) for over two weeks now and absolutely love it!  I have tried it with and without a primer and find that the coverage looks best when I apply a primer beforehand as it tends to settle into the pores a bit without it.  Although I never skip SPF prior to makeup application, I had a tennis match last week and was in such a rush that I forgot to apply my Supergoop! City Serum Sunscreen beforehand.  I was impressed when I arrived home from a 2 hour match in direct sunlight without any evidence of sunburn or additional color on my face from the sun.

With regard to exact color match, the darkest shade is not quite warm enough for my Indian/Italian skin tone.  A Fitz IV Warm is a perfect match for my summer skin in Mirabella’s Skin Tint Crème liquid foundation as well as their Skin Tint Cream-to- Powder foundation.  In comparison, the Fitz IV/Dark cc cream seems to have more of a neutral/cool tone and is closer in color to the brand’s Level IV N and Level IV Cool shades.

Bottom line:
Due to the fact that Mirabella’s Crème de la Crème CC cream does such a fantastic job of single-handedly minimizing the look of discoloration in my skin, I now prefer it over foundation for an everyday makeup look.

Product information:
Mirabella Crème de la Crème CC cream is full of natural, skin-loving ingredients that are designed to perfect, protect and renew skin. Crème de la Crème’s advanced formula brightens and corrects skin tone with natural ingredients including rice extract and Monarda Didyma Extract, also known as bergamot or bee balm. This anti-aging cc cream also contains rose water, assai berry, avocado and deeply moisturizing argan oils that penetrate into the skin’s deepest layers to smooth skin texture and promote cell regeneration. Crème de la Crème’s non-comedogenic formula hydrates and sooths skin while providing a matte finish to aid in oil control.  Mirabella Crème de la Crème is Paraben-free, FD&C/D&C Dye-free and Gluten-free and is suitable for all skin types and is available in three shades:

  1. Light: Fitzpatrick II
  2. Medium: Fitzpatrick III
  3. Dark: Fitzpatrick IV

Key Ingredients:

  • Hydration: Bamboo Water, Glacial Water, Argan Oil
  • Skin Smoothing: Bamboo Water, Glacial Water, Apple Water, Lily
  • Antioxidant: Lily, Witch Hazel
  • Whitening/Brightening: Rice Extract
  • Antiaging: Rose Water, Assai Berry, Avocado Oil, Argan Oil
  • Cell Regeneration: Rose Water
  • Texture Improvement: Avocado Oil, Apple Water
  • Elasticity: Phytosqualane
  • Sebum Control: Melissa Officinalis Extract, Witch Hazel, Limetree Water
  • Tone Correction: Monarda Didyma Extract
  • Skin Protection: SPF 20 Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection

Kelly’s Tip:
If you prefer a more luminous finish which is on trend for 2014 Fall Beauty Trends apply a moisturizing primer such as Hourglass No. 28 or Youngblood Mineral primer prior to applying Mirabella Crème de la Crème.  Additionally, I add a drop of my Mirabella Skin Tint Crème foundation in Fitz IV Warm to Crème de la Crème to bump up the warmth and provide a perfect foundation match for my golden toned skin.

To purchase Mirabella Crème de la Crème visit www.mirabellabeauty.com or shop my online beauty store, www.spadelic.com which features all your favorite professional salon brands and products that have won the affection of beauty insiders such as Allure Magazine, InStyle Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, Modern Salon and More!

Video Review:


Photos:



Applied Creme de la Creme to left side of face.
 Neutralized and evened out skin tone. (no concealer applied, cc cream only!)



Left: Level IV/Dark; Right: Level 3/Medium

CC cream swatch compared to Skin Tint Creme swatch


No comments:

Post a Comment