Friday, September 6, 2013

A life of beauty and grace

Good morning from the sunny beaches of Sandestin, Florida!!

I am really excited about this morning's blog post.  The intent of my blog has always been to teach others how to become more beautiful inside and out however, the majority of previous posts have revolved around the latest beauty products or trends which are things that can be used to accent a woman's exterior beauty, contributing very little to what lies inside.

Much has changed in my life since my first blog post in October of 2009 and although I am still a die hard beauty product junkie and MUA, I realize the greater importance of discovering and nourishing the soul, our inner beauty which ultimately allows each of us to experience true happiness.  

Over the last two years I have had the privilege to work industry trade shows as a makeup artist for Mirabella Beauty.  During these shows, I realized the majority of women over the age of 35 were lacking in self-confidence.  After coaxing ladies into my chair, I would call attention to their positive attributes and offer suggestions to accentuate the beautiful traits they possessed.  The shift in their demeanor and state of happiness was unmistakable with many women offering tearful words of thanks for allowing them to see the beauty in themselves.  

From this point forward, the SpaDelic blog posts will be designed to create joy and passion in each of us so that we can do our best to make the world a more beautiful place.  I understand first hand how difficult it is to face our fears and hurts from the past and dispel the belief that our past dictates our future.  I was raised by a single mother who suffered from drug and alcohol addiction and although she did the best she could, my sister and I did not have a healthy or happy childhood.  

For most of my life I was held captive by a crippling fear of abandonment and low self esteem which prevented me from loving myself and ultimately, having healthy relationships.  I am happy to report that by diligently pursuing a personal, daily relationship with Jesus Christ, I have been restored and am the victor in the battle with my past.  Each day reveals another blessing and affirmation that I am a trophy of God's grace.  I am blessed with a sense of peace, contentment and stability unlike anything I have ever known and hope that by sharing my journey with you, you too can live a life of abundance and happiness beyond your wildest dreams!!

Peace and love to all!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment